Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Munchkins Royale


Hi everyone, it's been a while since I've thought of making munchkins, but I can't really find a good if not perfect recipe of it. So far, the best munchkins for me are those of Dunkin Donuts. I don't really know, but I just love the flavor and the feel of it as I take a munch on those cuties.

Well, a few months ago I had my first try in making munchkins but it didn't turn out well. It was so sweet, hard and simply speaking it wasn't really munchkins, at all (LOL).

My second try was just last December 23 and finally that time I can say that I made munchkins already. It was an accomplishment for me (hehehehe). And just today, I made another set of munchkins. And it is better than my second try. So, in the following days, I would still make these sweets with the hope that with my every try, I would be near to perfection.

Originally, my purpose of making munchkins was to sell it, but then when I had made it for a couple of times already I kinda thought that I wouldn't make enough profit from it. Hmmmm...Why? Because the ingredients are so expensive and I can just make few munchkins out of it. Nonetheless, maybe in time, I could learn how to budget the ingredients and the number of munchkins that I can make with it, so that I would reap enough profit.

Now, I would like to share to you the ingredients and the procedure of making these sweet desserts.

Ingredients:

Hi-ro cookies (or you can use Oreo, Smileys, Cream-O, Mari or any other cookies or biscuits)
Condensed Milk 120ml
Nestle Cream
Marshmallow
Sugar (optional)
Milk (optional)
Pillows (optional)

Toppings and Coatings:

Desiccated Coconut
Cocoa/Milk Powder (I used Mik-Mik)
Chocolate Sticks (I used Choco-Strawberry Sticks)


Procedure:

1. Crush the cookies altogether until it becomes super fine. To reach this consistency, I advise that you strain the cookies until there are no big cuts.

2. Mix the condensed milk (not the entire 120 ml; just an estimate), the Nestle Cream (estimate, as well), and some sugar and milk if you desire. Milk and sugar will reduce the stickiness of the mixture, and it adds sweetness and flavor.
*If you plan to add butter, then, I suggest you let go of such idea for it will only make your mixture oily and you'll gonna have a hard time handling it later.

3. Get around half a spoon of the mixture and place marshmallow, pillows or choco fillings inside, then, make a small ball.

4. Roll it on the milk/choco powder or desiccated coconut.

5. Finish it with a twirl of choco sticks on top. You can chill it a little bit if you want to.

You can place it on a fancy container and serve as a gift to your friends this New Year or other special occasions.


There you have it. Enjoy your Munchkins Royale.

*I actually had a picture of the ingredients but I accidentally erased it (huhuhu).


Feel free to comment on this post or give your suggestions and the like.

Thank You so much.

XOXO,

Ube

No comments:

Post a Comment